Akvastroiservis facilities for biological treatment are designed to treat contaminated natural water and highly polluted communal and industrial wastewater. Our technology utilizes a polymer floating filtering media with optimized physical properties for microbial attachment, including large surface area, long retention times and an increased contaminant-arresting capacity.
Our biological treatment facilities have the following advantages:
- Combined nitrification-denitrification in a singe reactor
- Combination (within a single structure) of a biological reactor to degrade pollution and a filter to remove the biomass by-product
- Waste biomass is partially retained in the system and mineralised
- Process intensification through an internal loop of circulating active sludge
- Remaining waste biomass and suspended solids are captured and discharged from the system by the gravity controlled hydro-automatic backwash
- The frequency of backwash is regulated by the hydraulic resistance of the bioreactor - no electronics or human operation involved.
- Hydro-automatic backwash provides the necessary retention of biomass in the bioreactor
- Reduced volumes of sludge for disposal
- Combined upflow and downflow filtration provides excellent purification results without the requirements of secondary or tertiary clarifiers.
- In a single treatment, very low effluent concentrations are obtained for organic matter, nitrogen, phosphorous, and suspended solids.
- The system sustains greater hydraulic loading rates, without the plugging problems of sand or peat.
- The flow of waste water throughout the plant is based on gravity force. No need for transfer pumps.
- The system is easy to fabricate from readily available materials
- Very low capital, operating and maintenance costs
- Reduced space requirements
- Very low energy requirements
- BOD - 3...6 mg/l
- COD - 10...15 mg/l
- TSS - 1.5...3 mg/l
- Total nitrogen - 10...15 mg/l
- Total phosphorus - 3...7 mg/l
There are two major system configurations: one is designed for initial BOD levels of up to 500 mg/l, and another one is designed for initial BOD levels of up to 150,000 mg/l.